1. Easy Integration with Google Apps- It easily integrates Google Docs, Google Slides, and other Google apps. Once you create the classes and students join that class, teachers can easily receive student work without having to create shared folders. Google Classroom does that for you.
2. Easy Communication-I love to use Google Classroom to communicate to my students about our daily assignments. I create an announcement each day that has what we did in class and what they have for homework. Then I attach any links, files, etc. that they might need. When a student is absent, they can easily get caught up by viewing the feed within Google Classroom.
3. Meaningful Tech Integration-Google Classroom allows me to create assignments that give students an incredibly easy way to create meaningful work using Google apps such as Google Docs. The tech allows students to demonstrate their learning and not just use tech for the sake of using tech.
4. Student/Teacher Dialogue-Google Classroom allows students a way to communicate to me about their work and for me to give timely feedback. Students can comment on an announcement or they can email me privately. I love that they have access this way especially with my middle schoolers who would do almost anything other than raise their hand in class.
5. Outside App Integration-Every day more and more apps are becoming compatible with Google Classroom such as LearnZillion. I can easily assign LearnZillion lessons straight to Google Classrooms. Google Classroom is also compatible with Quizlet and Nearpod.